Wednesday, May 2, 2012

From Your Momma

Some of my favorite things happen early in the morning. When Ty and I get up and the house is real quiet. We lay down on the couch facing each other and share the giant silky blanket my grandma made for me when I was little. As we lay there I wish to tell him so much. Though he can't yet understand me I know if I write it down he can read it later.

Dear Sweet T,

I love talking to you. I can't yet understand what your babble means but I wish I could. I know you are full of stories from this side of the veil as well as the other. I know you could remind me of my life there before and what I have to look forward to when I die. I wish you could understand how much you are loved. It hasn't always been easy but it's never not been worth it. Sweet little T you have already felt with the sadness and sorrow of this world. You have dealt sickness and people not being happy for you or that you are now here. And unfortunately my sweet baby boy that doesn't change. Throughout this life you will always face cruel people, lost people, saddest and sorrow. But do not forget you will also face joy and utter happiness. Learn to be happy for everyone you come into contact with because that is what the Savior would want you to do and ultimately acting as he would will bring you the most joy. Learn that it is ok to admit you are wrong. Pride and a complete disregard of humility will make you lonely. Few people will truly care about someone who is prideful and unable to be humble. Remember that everything is given to you by your Heavenly Father. He knows you better than you ever will know yourself. Trust in his way and you will always be successful and happy. Learn quickly that you are a beloved child of God. The power that comes from that knowledge can bring peace to your soul and light the way in darkness. Ty always know how much you were loved by your grandparents and parents. Your dad and I desperately wanted you here. We didn't know why we needed to have you so soon but it took holding you once to realize the answer. You fill this hole we didn't know we had. You make your momma strive to be a better person. Everyday I am getting better and that is because of you. Thank you for coming to our family and rocking my world. You have changed me so completely it's hard to believe you're just 4 months old. I can't wait for the many years to come on this earth and for the endless eternity in the next. I love you Ty. Thanks for the raspberries, hugs, and attempted kisses...they mean more than you will know or understand. Until you have your own little baby. Then it will all make perfect sense.

Love, your momma

1 comment:

  1. Oh that picture of you two is to die for! SO sweet!! Aw the chubby wrists!

    ReplyDelete