Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is my youngest sister Gabby's birthday. A very Happy 11th Birthday to you Gab!

It seems weird that she is already 11 years old. Since I was 12 when she was born I truly remember it all.  She was born the day after I got my braces off.  Back then I was looking good in my jean skort, fake plastic press on nails, big bangs and no boobs.  I look back on those pictures with fondness and hope that my children never see them.

When she was born we shared a room for a couple of months while we waited to move into our new house. I have watched her grow up and honestly can say that watching my mom raise her and helping out with a new sister has made ALL the difference with having my own.  When I found out I was pregnant I thought it was going to be a little weird that my baby and Gabby were going to be closer in age than she and I were.  But I was grateful that he will always have a young/cool aunt to ask questions when I become too old and weird as all parents do.  I can't imagine Gabby not being a part of our family. She has and continues to say some of the funniest things ever.  She has a huge personality and the biggest hart ever. It has been a joy to watch her grow up and I can't wait for the first time she introduces us to a boy, has a baby, and calls with a drama story.  Since she is turning 11 I figured I'd share my top 11 favorite Gabby stories.


1: Gabby is sitting in between my parents 2 sinks in their bathroom as they are getting ready for work.  She looks at my mom, then my dad, then back at my mom and back at my dad... before finally turning her head to look at my dad and ask "Why'd you even marry her anyways?" as she points to my mom.


2: After Gabby had asked for the millionth time where she had to wear skirts and dresses to church and boys got to wear pants, my mom finally said "I don't know Gabby, why don't you ask Heavenly Father?" Not even 5 minutes later my mom hears her playing with her dolls and saying, "Heavenly Father why do girls have to wear skirts to church?" Her other doll responds by saying "I don't know why don't you ask Shauna.... I sent you to live with her didn't I?" 



3: It was my first morning home in October and my baby shower was later that day...after Gabby gives me a hug and says good morning she goes, "You know I wish Jake was here instead of you. I have like lived you with my whole life and see you all the time, I never get to see him." (Well thank you, good to see you too) 


4: I am at Walmart with my Dad, Mackenzie and Gabby and Kenz kept asking and asking and asking for every stupid thing she saw (being funny) and my dad kept saying "No, we are here to get 2 things and then leave, stop wasting my time" Kenz decides the last thing she is going to ask for is a pet fish to which my dad of course says no. Gabby then says "Dad can I have a fish?" What does my dad say?... "Sure! Do you want 1 or 2?" We then left with store with 2 fish and a new beach towel for Gabby.  


 5: In Utah for Thanksgiving I pick up Gab in my car and follow my mom to our cabin when she tells me this hilarious story about my mom and Brenna. As I am laughing she tells me "Its not funny I really thought Brenna was going to kill us and Mom was going to punch her!"


 6: Telling my over the phone, "Don't worry about coming down just send Ty, we only care about seeing him"

 7: Going shooting for the first time. Brenna is afraid to shoot and fires once before stopping because it hurt. Gabby walks up to her and goes, "Here let me have it" and proceeds to clean a clip.



8: Watching Gabby hold Ty for the first time. It was crazy to think that 12 years earlier I was doing the same thing only holding her. Now my littlest sister was holding my little baby.
  9: Gabby is about 2 and my Dad is holding her in his arms... when he proceeds to freak out and yell "Wheres Gabby?! We have to find her quick!" hahaha that was funny to watch him realize she was in his arms.

10: Trying to figure out what to eat for dinner and my dad isnt answering his phone, so my mom says "Someone text him so we can figure out where he is" Gabby responds "I'll text him! Oh wait I don't have a phone because you won't get me one."


11: While she was sleeping my parents put her new cell phone under her pillow and called her to wake her up this morning.  After moving around trying to figure out where the sound is coming from she proceeds to find the phone and starts screaming and saying thank-you to my parents.


Love you Gab! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday! I am so excited that Ty and I get to be here and share it with you! Hope you have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment