Thursday, May 10, 2012

Milk wagon

If Ty starts screaming all the sudden it's because he's decided he's hungry and wants food now. Jake has jokingly told him "hang on the milk wagon is coming". Some days that really is what I feel like. My sole purpose is to be a feeding truck.

Before Ty was born I knew I was going to breastfeed. My intentions were 1: it would help me lose weight, 2: it was free and we definitely needed to save the money, and 3: I knew it would be easy since we were already equipped with everything we need. I wish I could tell you that my intentions were in a different order but sadly nope. When you gain 40 pounds getting that off ASAP is a main focus.

Except for the first week, it has been easy and I have loved breastfeeding. But Ty has seriously been eating every 3 hours... Like a newborn! It got exhausting to just feed all day. Therefore I decided to start him on solids. Thanks to my lovely byu doctor who answered my question as to when to start solids by saying "ask your relief society president". Why am I even paying you for your opinion if that's who I should bring my new mom questions to.

I have since just gone on my mommy instinct and cut hours at the milk wagon shop and use baby food. It's been an experience. I tried tricking him into eating green beans...no go. Thankfully I might add cuz the sight of them made me sick. So we're sticking to yummy fruit and the orange veggies! A special thanks to my mom for my high chair which I love, and my moms friends who got me a baby food maker as a gift which I also love. And most importantly a big thank you to Ty for actually eating and enjoying baby food so I have more to look forward to during the day besides being your milk wagon

No comments:

Post a Comment