Saturday, July 14, 2012

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Which will lead you straight to Kansas, which happens to be where we are moving!

Jake was offered and accepted a job in Kansas City, Kansas! He we start work July 30th, which means we have a lot to get done in a short time window. We are hoping to be completely moved out of Utah by the end of next week so we can start this next chapter. We found out yesterday and spent the whole day calling friends and family who we knew had worried about us, and prayed for us, and spent countless time talking to us and trying to help us. We are so grateful for each of you and all that you have helped us with!

Its a little scary to be that far away from family but we are so excited to be in a big city! We already have this long list of things we plan to do, like actually watch good college football (Rock Chalk Jay-hawk), and go to a Raider Football game for me and a 49ers for Jake, the list continues but I will spare you.

It's going to be a bug adjustment and Jake spends over 50% of his time traveling but we know this is exactly where we are supposed to be and we are so excited for this change!  I am crossing my fingers that Jake gets to travel to some cool cities and that Ty and I can tag along to explore different areas while he works all day! I have a ridiculously long list of things I need to get done, which is why I am procrastinating by looking at home furniture instead of actually researching places lol. I feel like I am in the twilight zone, but a really fantastic one!

Ps has anyone used those pods things? We are 99% sure we are going to use one just trying to figure out which company to use? If you have and you love it let me know! Have a great weekend!  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I went to Kansas State my freshman and sophomore year(so you should probably be a Wildcat fan instead of a Jayhawk fan ;) )! You are going to love Kansas City, seriously the Midwest is such a wonderful place to live, everyone is so nice. Do you know exactly where in KC you will be living? I have a lot of friends from the Overland Park area which is a really nice part of KC. I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! How exciting! I'm ok being any fan because my guess is that they are better than BYU lol. We were actually looking at either Overland Park or Olathe. I'm glad to know that Overland is as nice as people keep telling me!!!

      Delete