Tuesday, February 14, 2012

True Love

My mom always likes to tell this story about me when I was 4 or 5. It was Halloween and it was on a Sunday. My mom had forgotten to buy candy and since it was Sunday she didn't go out to buy some. So she turned off all the lights and pretended we weren't home. Suddenly she hears me yelling through the window to 4 large families "go away, we are very very poor and have no candy". I don't remember this but clearly I was unsatisfied with pretending we weren't home.

This is my 3 Valentines Day with Jake. Each year he has gotten me a dozen roses and mixed in a pink, yellow and orange gerber daisy because those were the flowers in my bouquet for our wedding. This fine my words are ringing true. Since we are about to completely pay off the bills from 4 hospital visits...jake and I are very very poor and have no money for Valentines day. So Jake let me know weeks ago I wouldn't be getting my normal flowers. For me that is completely fine because I said we could celebrate Valentines day during my bday dinner this weekend. Because to be honest id rather eat than have flowers. Even though we're the poorest we've ever been its been one of the best Valentines Days and one I'll always remember. We just got some ice cream and watched a movie as a little family. It was great having 2 Valentines this year! It goes to show that true love is about spending time with the people you love. Material things cant be taken with you in the next life but amazing memories can. Who would've thought the year where we have literally no money to spare, we would make some of my favorite memories. Hope everyone else had a wonderful day celebrating the ones they loved!

1 comment: