Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Family Vaca

We had an amazing, fun weekend in St. George celebrating Jakes dads birthday. It was the first family vacation I had been on with Jakes whole family. It was incredibly fun and relaxing and I was more than a little sad to leave the warm flip flop weather.

We left Thursday after Jake was done with class. Thursday was a big day for us because Ty was now 2 months old so we had a couple of different dr appointments including the dreaded shots one. It was bad...I think the only reason I didn't cry was because we had been to the hospital with him just a couple of weeks ago. But it is never a fun experience to watch him scream and be so angry with us. However the screams only lasted a couple of minutes and he feel asleep and now he's vaccinated! When we took Ty for his 1 month check up we found out he was in the 90th percentile for height and 25th for weight (poor child has 2 parents who were both freakishly tall and skinny as children which means he has no hope). Luckily though when he went for 2 months his weight is now in the 50th percentile (11.10) and his height is still the 85th percentile. At least the weight is normal now.
On our way to get shots...
Ty literally loves his carseat. Sometimes when he is being fussy because he's so tired and he won't sleep I just put him in his carseat and he falls asleep for hours. So driving with him is always easy...knock on wood it continues! So the drive down to St. George was easy and fast. We got to Jakes parents house about 8:30 and just went to bed. Since having Ty we are complete party animals, can you tell from the time we go to bed?

T's ready for our family walk
Ty is on a new fun schedule of waking up between 7:15 and 7:30 because apparently 8 is not early enough for him to get going. So I have been trying to make the most of the fact that Ty is ready to go first thing in the morning. So Friday morning we went on a family walk around the neighborhood. It was the first time we had gone on a walk all together, since I'm a wimp and need warm weather to walk outside. After we got back we all carpooled down to Vegas to go to Randy's favorite restaurant Margaritaville. This was a special trip because it was Ty's first time meeting his Uncle Joseph. He has some special touch because literally all babies LOVE him. After lunch we all drove back to St. George and had a really fun party for Randy's 60th birthday.
It was impossible to capture the view we woke up to each morning

Saturday was a nice chill day. We went on another family walk, then all of Jakes siblings and their spouses went to lunch together. It was to just sit down and talk with everyone. Overall it was a great weekend. I think growing up in the church you always learn about the importance of families and how special they are. Since having Ty I know that Jake and I have a new sense of the importance of family. We want Ty to grow up surrounded by family as we both did. I want him to know how special both families are and how loved he is. He has great examples to look too and I hope he takes advantage of that. I absolutely love my immediate family and being away from them is hard but luckily Jakes family is so close. I feel so grateful Jake has 2 wonderful grandparents who do so much for the people around them. Jake and I are constantly talking about how grateful we are for both our parents and how special they are to us. I hope Ty grows up loving his grandparents as much as I love mine. Having a baby has turned me into a complete sap and a person who is crazy about celebrating special events. Oh well at least I'm realizing this now so I can prepare for the fact that my children and Jake will forever be annoyed with me. I guess it always could be worse!


Ty meeting his Uncle Joseph for the 1st time
All of Jakes siblings

No comments:

Post a Comment