Friday, June 15, 2012

Viva La Mexico

I think that it is a completely proven fact that when you get prego you become obsessed with food.  From worrying about what you are eating to those crazy, obsessive cravings.  What is is little known fact is that that food obsession continues. Darn those woman hormones.  They make it completely difficult to worry about losing weight.  Well considering we have a family picture July 2, Jake and I decided it was time to do something about our excess weight.  So for the last week and half- 2 weeks we have been running together as a family and watching what we eat.  Lucky for us the results have been amazing! J down 6 pounds, me down 4.  

So as we continue our path to rocking bods, I have caught the foodie bug.  I have always loved to cook. Not be a chef (that requires making your own recipes) I just like to follow what someone else has done and put a twist on it.  They are all fairly low in calories, which helps when you are trying to lose as many as possible to ear your reward. (Yes I did bribe Jake and myself with little prizes when we hit weight loss goals).    

Foodie Friday

Grilled Cheese and Corn 

1st: get all your ingredients 
-Tortillas
-Cheese
-Limes
-Corn on the Cob


2nd: Warm Tortillas
-We bought the ones that you have to heat up from Costco but the ones already done are a great option as well


3rd: Flavoring
-Lightly spread your favorite cheese over the tortilla
-Once you have a thin layer of cheese sprinkle garlic salt over the top
(We love garlic salt so there is always enough to make a vampire die but any different flavorings would work in this, choose the ones that you like)
-I also added some cilantro so it had a nice little flavor to it

4th: Plates
-Use a small sheet of foil to make a little plate like above so that you get the grill flavor without getting the grill gross with sticky cheese 

5th: Corn 
-Get 2 pieces of foil for your corn. 
-Lightly melt better and spread it on your corn
-Wrap up the buttered corn and place it on the grill

6th: Cook Time
-After placing the corn on the grill place the tortillas on the grill as well
(Ours took less than 12 minutes to cook but just go till the corn is hot and the cheese is all melted on your tortillas)  

7th: Pull Off
-When you pull everything off the grill it'll look like this
-This is when I lightly salt and pepper the corn and tortillas 


9th: Dressing 
-I added a little salsa, avocado, and sour cream to mine
-Squeeze the lime over your corn.  I know it sounds odd but seriously it is the best thing ever! I squeeze it each time I turn it, J does it once at the beginning. 

Hopefully this is an easy, yummy dinner for you, your hubby or whoever! Happy eating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment