Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Childhood

Spring Cleaning.  It is a word that I love and dread at the same time.  It has now fully hit me with a furry that has never been seen in this household.  I am going through everything and I mean everything that we have, because when that job offers comes (anytime now would be appreciated) I am not hauling a bunch of crap to another state.  

Today while going through Jake's "childhood" box I came across this amazing keeper.  It gave me an extremely rare look into my husbands childhood.  Plus studying to be an El Ed teacher this was like a double bonus because I know what I would have done had I been his teacher when I read these lovely jewels.  After hysterically laughing together I figured I should share my 2 favorite poems. 

Self Portrait by Jacob 
My face is like stars.  My hands are like a desert.  My arms are like white silk.  
My hair is like wires.  My heart holds happiness.  That is red like a sunburn.
I live in gloves, and eat fingernails. 

If I Were In Charge Of The World by Jacob 
If I were in charge of the world I'd cancel school, shots, jumproping, drafting for sports, and also gymsocks. 
If I were in charge of the world there'd be a toy store for each kid, 100 sporting good stores, and movie theaters for each kid.  If I were in charge of the world you wouldn't have homework, you wouldn't have jobs, brats, killers, robers, murders, or stealers.  You wouldn't even have girlfriends. 
If I were in charge of the world a chocolate milkshake would be a very famous fruuit.   



Hope those made you laugh, especially the gymsocks and girlfriends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment