Friday, June 29, 2012

Pour Some Sugar On Me

I know I missed last week but here is my Foodie Friday tip!

No I dont have some weird fetish of being covered with sugar but I LOVED this song growing up and it went so well with what I wanted to talk about that I figured why not. So I grew up with a couple of things that I thought were totally normal..

1: keeping butter in the cupboards...totally thought everyone did this. It was not until I was a junior in high school that any of my friends commented on how that was strange and it was not until I got married and went to my in-laws house I have never seen anyone keep it in their fridge.

2: I totally grew up thinking that the only way you could mix those frozen Minute Maid Lemonade drinks was to use Diet Spite. I had never had/seen anyone use water and therefore I still now refuse to use water it is just plain nasty that way.

3: brown sugar is stored in the fridge. Yes this kind
 Until I moved out of my crazy apartment my sophomore year of college (yes I really had a crazy roommate if you know me you know who I am talking about) and in with my cousin did I see someone keep it in like the cupboard or a jar on the counter.  The secret to having fresh brown sugar with no dry, crusty lumps is to keep it in the fridge. I have always done this and will continue its the best kept secret out there! So the next time you are trying to be all domestic and bake something that involves brown sugar store it in your fridge you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment