Monday, June 18, 2012

Dad's

Yesterday was an amazing day, with just a little bit of bitter/sweetness to it.  This was the first Father's day that I haven't spent with my Amazing Dad, the first Father's day we spent with Jake's wonderful Dad, and the Big one Jake's first Father's day!

I realized yesterday that this holiday was a big one for newbie parents like Jake and myself.  Once you become a parent or in this case a DAD you are never not one.

I'm so grateful to the wonderful man who helped show and teach this man what it means to be a dad.
Thank you Jake for everything you do for bubba. You get him to laugh more than anyone else, sometimes it makes me angry but mostly I think its sweet.  I love that he looks exactly like you.  People often call him mini-jake and I hope he becomes more like you as he gets older. I know that he will be a wonderful father and husband if thats true.  I was so excited when I found out we were having a boy because it meant you got to have a little buddy.  Besides seeing you with little bubbas I love watching you, bubba and your dad.  It is so incredibly special to see 3 generations of Dallin boys. What an amazing and incredibly special thing.





Also a big Thank you to my wonderful and sweet Dad who lovingly showed me what to expect in a husband/future father.  He always made me feel that I was special and great at everything even when we both know I wasn't (me playing softball ring any bells?).  Thank you Dad for taking time off work for every single one of my water-polo games all 4 years of high school.  Thank you for showing me how a man is supposed to treat his loved ones.  Thank you for inspiring me to achieve what I love most in life.  Thank you for all the funny things you've done/said, like texting me boyfriend pretending to be me (sorry I didn't speak to you for a week...that was dramatic of me); asking me at 20 when I was going to get married because you were  tired of paying for me (even though I know that wasn't really true), and for telling me to just punch the girls in high school that I was having a problem with (even though we both know I probably would have died).  I love watching you interact with Ty. I am so grateful that he has you as an example to look up to.




Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful Dad's out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment