Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Define Normal...

So I have always considered myself a little different.  Maybe its the fact that I grew up in Southern Ca that opened my eyes to a whole world that some people never get to see or experience. I knew that my growing up in Ca played a large role in how I viewed people and how I viewed the world when I came to Utah to go to school.   

Weird Factors (these are just a few)
- I secretly want/wish I could be a gypsy from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding for Halloween...however no-one would know who I was and their outfits cant be fit to be modest. If I wasnt married though I would be one of them in a second!

- Jake likes to say that if there is any trashy, reality tv show on tv chances are more than likely that I watch it. Sadly that is true. I not only love reality tv shows but have the US weekly app on my ipad so I can stalk read up on celebrities.

- I never once went to a class let alone step a foot onto BYUs campus in my pjs or sweat pants. I dont know why I never did. 

- I wash my hair and get dressed to go to Walmart but I dont put on makeup

- I have never gotten used to not hearing people swear when I am on campus. Its all I heard growing up throughout middle and high school. Even though I attended 4 years of college I still find it hard to believe there is an entire school full of people who dont swear. (I'm not saying this is a bad thing just something I never got used to)    
T's shocked face
But I have decided that my weirdness is nothing compared to the people on "My Strange Addiction" on TLC. I dont know if its the whole series or just the one I watched that left me in a state of utter shock, a little grossed out and laughing my butt  off.  I watched the one where a woman is addicted to snorting baby powder because she loves the smell and a man was in a relationship with his car both physically and sexually. The part that blows my mind is that he said he developed this relationship as a result of his parents divorce. I guess it goes to say that everyone handles trials in their life differently.

I am not trying to be critical or judge anyone! All I have to say is that watching this show reminds me that I am extremely normal and somewhat boring (thankfully). Really this show is an amazing boost to my self confidence and makes me grateful that I have normal friends and family. I highly recommend this show when you feel bad about yourself or if you want to have a good laugh.  Tonight I watched it and ate chocolate, caramel eggs in my sweat pants. I didnt even guilty because at the end of the day I dont have nearly as many problems as the people on that show.  

1 comment:

  1. Rachel! I'm Jake's cousin and I found your blog through Melissa. You are hilarious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete