Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was literally amazing. Most weekends we spend just together as just a little family but because of graduation we spent it with my whole family!

Friday we woke up ridiculously early to get to graduation on time. Literally I don't know how some moms always manage to be on time. It doesn't matter how much extra time I give myself to get T and me ready we always run late which happens to be a huge pet peeve of mine so I spend most of my time annoyed at myself (its a dilemma). A huge thank you to Kenzi and the rest of my family who watched Ty while Jake and I sat and waited for them to call our names so we could walk across the stage. Although it seemed a little pointless I am so glad we actually did it because I got to see everyone in my major that I hadn't seen in forever!! And because Jake and I got a lot of pictures that will last forever.  

Some things I learned though...
- When they say get there no later than 7, you could probably fudge that time to at least 7:30. Because when you follow their advice and get there at 7 you spend a LOT of time just standing around. 

- When BYU tells you to not wear our cap at a rakish angle, just wear it however you want and what looks best. I spent all day jealous of everyone who wore it back a little bit and looked fabulous and those girls who wore it the normal way and looked fabulous also. I hate to admit I spent the whole ceremony coveting their caps and how they looked on their head.  

- It is not a very good idea to let your husband fake fight your girl cousin in the front yard because a neighbor will call the cops saying their is a domestic fight happening. Then 3 separate cops and cop cars show up to see if there is a problem. If this does happen to you like it happened to us, inform the cop that it was a BYU graduation and someone secretly brought dr pepper and that's the reason it got a little out of control. Also just be your normal self because chances are the cop will take one look at how you are dressed and how you look and know there isn't a domestic problem (cue little children laughing and chasing one another and your grandparents holding babies).   

- It is a great idea to let your sister order a chocolate shake from Riverside and then throughout the entire meal leisurely drink most some of it. It is also more than acceptable to tear up a little when you realize you can once again drink caffeine without your baby being fussy because he can't sleep. I don't know what made me happier that day, real dc or walking...

- It is a great idea to squish your mom because you love her so much and want to pretend you are still little
To bad Brenna messed up the order, lol




- It is also completely normal to get ridiculously excited at starting your baby on baby food. It is also normal to feed said baby naked because the food literally gets everywhere. I have also learned to always change your clothes after feeding because chances are you will have some food secretly hiding on your clothes and will not make itself known until you are out and about in public areas. I call it the curse of the sweet potatoes. 

- It is also normal to find this amazing machine and then stalk every restaurant that has one.  This is called coke freestyle and we are obessessed. It has over 100 different choices of drinks! My current favorite is dc with raspberry. I know it sounds nasty but it is literally amazing and I go to bed at night dreaming about it... in fact my mouth is watering for one right now. But what happens is you choose your base drink, like coke, dc, sprite, fanta, ect and then you use the touch screen to decide if you want it normal/ plain or if you want you add a delicious flavoring to it. Like I said were obsessed and searched which restaurants in a 25 mile radius have one. So for now we rotate between Firehouse Subs, Noodles and Co, and Costa Vida in PG.


 Here are just some of my favorite pictures from this weekend

T... the lone boy in a sea of women


Love my Momma

A Big thank you to my parents and all they did!

 A big thank you to Jakes parents too!



Grandparents with all 5 BYU grads

T and Papa

Typical for us (pre cops)

Flashback...who's the ugly girl in the middle

 

1 comment:

  1. A. Congrats on your graduation!
    B. Those coke machines are seriously one of the best inventions to date. Orange Diet Coke is genius and yes it sounds revolting but I don't even care. So I'm right there with you loving that stupid thing!

    ReplyDelete