Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

I love Thanksgiving.  I love that it is fall in Utah, that the leaves are all beautiful colors, I get to wear all my favorite sweaters and you spend an entire holiday stuffing your face with family.  I am particularly excited about this year's Thanksgiving.  My family did a surprise last minute trip and came to up to Utah!  So my week of thanks has improved beyond my dreams :)

So this year I am particularly grateful for my family.  They have done so much for me not only throughout my life but especially being pregnant.  I think they are as excited as Jake and I are for this little boy to get here.  I am grateful for this sister who is lovingly giving up her december to be on my beck and call incase I go into labor and Jake is in a final (since he doesn't get cell service lol).  I love all my sisters and couldn't imagine a life without them.  I know 4 girls is a handful but I couldn't imagine any other life than one full of shopping, talking about clothes, hair styles and colors, and gossiping about what is going on in our lives.  I am so excited that I get to spend forever with them!!

loving salt is a requirement to be part of this family
The next thing I am particualry thankful for is being 37 weeks or full term! 
I am so grateful that I am considered full term and if this baby boy decided to come any day he would be fine!  However Jake and I have a day in mind that we want him to come and it is at least a couple weeks away, so we're hoping this boy isn't too stubborn or eager to join the world anytime soon.  Although he would be welcomed to a family who can't wait to meet him!   Although this pregnancy has had its full share of privileges I wouldn't trade it for anything.  The fact that Jake and I get to meet our sweet baby boy in a few short weeks is so exciting!  I am grateful Jake and I finally decided on a name!! We are keeping it a secret expect for a few people we are telling because I honestly can't keep my mouth closed.  I   

In addition to being full term, I am so grateful to be pregnant in this day and age with all the knowledge and technology available.  I am so grateful that I can go to any hospital in any city and that get information that my sweet boy is ok and everything is healthy and if it isn't they have the knowledge and the means to make it ok.  I have a whole new appreciation for Mary and Joseph and the challenges they faced bringing the Savior into this world.  I have decided I would have not known what to do if I had to travel this pregnant on a donkey to a land I didn't know, then give birth in a stable with no-one I knew except my husband who was as clueless and scared as I was.  I know they had helped and that Heavenly Father was watching them, but this holiday season I have gained a new, profound love and respect for Mary and Joseph and all that they did.  

I am also so grateful for the sweet friends I have.  I have some of the best friends and family in the world.  They constantly are uplifting me and making me a better person.  They are so kind and I am so excited to be able to introduce my little boy to them.  I am grateful that Jake and I have surrounded ourselves with people who we want our boy to look up to. 

I am so thankful to have married into a great family.  I love spending time with my in-laws and their children.  I am glad that our son has the opportunity to grow up and developing lasting relationships with his cousins.  I am grateful for sister-in-laws who answer all my pregnancy questions and who are genuinely excited for Jake and I because they know the joy that awaits us.  I feel extremely blessed to know all these people and to have them be a part of this baby's life and to be a part of their life.  

I am thankful for a sweet husband who is always willing to rub my back when it hurts, or get me food at 2 am.  He doesn't complain or make me feel like a burden he is willing and always wanting to help me.  I am thankful for our relationship and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  He makes me better and everyday we laugh.  I am excited to add a new dynamic to our relationship with a baby.  

I could probably continue with a million other things that I am thankful for, but for now I'll leave it with these couple of things which make me realize how truly blessed I am.  Happy Thanksgiving!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment