Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fabulous Fridays

So I realize I am posting this on Saturday but I was too busy last night actually cleaning and planning lessons.  I don't know where the desire to clean came from but when you feel like cleaning just go with it because the likelihood that you will feel that desire again is slim to none.  I honestly had no idea how hard it would be to pick things up or scrub a bathroom with an extra 27 pounds and a basketball attached to your belly. On that note...

Friday's are my favorite day at school!  Not because the kids leave early, or because it is the weekend which means I can sleep-in an extra hour but because the funniest things always happen on Friday.  To start off I get to wear jeans on Friday!! Let me tell you this is one of the most exciting thing to happen to me student teaching.  I love dressing up jeans and then not having to change outfits as soon as I get home if I want to leave the house!  But my first Friday student teaching was not comfortable.  I realized that it is a little challenging to be 8 months prego and bend down to reach the little kids with tight jeans.  I was trying to figure out why my jeans were so tight and uncomfortable and I finally realized that although I might not have a big belly for being 8 months when you gain 27 pounds your jeans just are not going to fit/feel the same.  So I finally broke down and bought a pair of maternity jeans.  BEST DECISION EVER!!! I mean those are the most comfortable things I have ever worn.  So needless to say I was so excited to wear them Friday to teach.  The fact that they feel like wearing leggings all day makes up for the fact that I was annoyed that I had to buy them 8 months pregnant...oh well I'll just wear them like crazy for the next 6 weeks.  So I thought before school I would snap a quick picture to document the fact that I only have 6 weeks left and my belly is continually growing.  (please ignore the notes I make to myself on the mirror and the sewing machine in the background) 

34 weeks! 

Friday's are duty days.  So I get to stand outside before, during and after school to watch the kids.  This is honestly one of my favorite things to do.  In the morning those kids are so excited to be there and talking a mile a minute, when they are not chasing each other around like horses (true story).  So while I was out on duty before school this little girl in my class ran up to me.
Isn't this the best outfit ever!
I tried my hardest to keep from laughing as I saw her running up to talk to me.  I had never seen a coat or hat that this and it fits her perfectly.  So she runs up to me and says...
S: "I met Santa last night!  The real one!"

Me: "You did!  What did you ask for?"

S: "A guitar and a happy foot"

Me: "What's a happy foot?"

S: "I don't know but it sounded cool and I want one so I decided to ask for it"

Oh man I was dying when she ran away.  This is when it was confirmed that Friday was going to be a good day!  Every Friday the kids start out with about 15 minutes of free reading.  They can pick any books they want and read for the first 15 minutes of school.  During this time the Aviator of the week is allowed to read in a special place.  As I am quickly going through the homework folders my teacher grabs my attention and points to the Aviator of the week.  I turn around and this is what I found...
Yes he is chilling in a bathtub, holding some kind of blue animal and was talking to himself and the animal.  He is such a sweet kid but looked so funny just sitting there so I had to take a picture.  I absolutely LOVE 1st grade.  Those kids are so funny and fill my days with funny stories and laughter.  Although I love the break that my weekend gives me its always fun to go back on Monday and see what is waiting for that week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment