Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tis the Season

This week has been an extrememly interesting week for us...no, unfortunately no baby yet but I'm hoping he decides he wants his birthday sooner rather than later so fingers crossed!!!

 Monday started off with Jake developing Kidney stones and finishing decorating the outside trees with Christmas lights because the weatherman said we were supposed to get a ton of snow-which we didn't. 

Tuesday was Jake's Birthday so we decided to go out to dinner even though he wasn't feeling too great.  I felt guilty because we ended up going to my favorite place to eat, but I didn't suggest it so I don't feel too bad. Great news is that Jake found something new that he loves so now we can go as much as we can afford I want!
  Jake hates that I make him takes pictures but I am trying to get in the habit of taking way too many just enough pictures of our life once the baby comes. So here is a picture of the birthday boy at Zuppas.

Wednesday consisted of Jake not leaving the house because of his kidney stones, and me researching ways to induce labor because I am sick of being pregnant and just want to meet my baby already!

Thursday was pretty much the same with Jake not leaving the house and me dancing to try and get the baby to come out. The major plus to this day was Jake wanted Zuppas again so I got to eat at my favorite place twice in once week! Being this pregnant the only thing more epic then going into labor is eating my favorite salad.   

Friday was a some what disappointing day.  Jake still sick so he couldn't leave the house and I had been secretly praying, and wishing that at my doctors' appointment she would tell me I was in labor and had to be admitted right away to l&d or that my water would break and she would still send me to l&d; those were the only 2 acceptable outcomes.  Instead I didn't see my real doctor because she was delivering someone elses' baby (jealous) and I came to the hard reality that Heavenly Father was not sending my baby to me while Jake was drugged up and in so much pain he couldn't leave the house.  So I decided to change my prayers from the baby needs to come now to get rid of Jake's kidney stones as fast as possible so then the baby can come.  At 10 I decided that I needed a cheery limeade from Sonic so Jake left the house and we both got one because you can't share those and then we looked at Christmas lights!!! So far its only been 2 days of my new prayers and nothings happened but I'm going to keep trying...

Saturday was a great day! Jake woke up smiling which meant that he was feeling a lot better.  I had an amazing baby shower.  Everyone was so nice to go to so much work for us.  I am always in awe of people's generosity.  Between my amazing shower in Hemet in October and the one I had in Utah we literally have everything we need minus the actual baby.  Jake and I went out later that night to look for Christmas gifts for each other and ended up only buying the baby things for Christmas which is pretty typical these days.  We intend to get something for ourselves and instead buy the baby stuff.  But we did find these cute things to put in his stocking!

We went to the Disney store because what child doesn't like that store and found these little soft animals.  Jake loved these two animals as a child and since I refuse to buy our son princess dolls we go with what Jake liked as a child.  But I have decided that I am going to need to cut Jake off from buying stuffed animals for this child. It was like puling teeth to get him to only buy these, our child is going to have more crap than he knows what to do with.  Which at times doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Sunday consisted of Jake waking up in more pain...I think we pushed the limit going out and walking around the mall and me trying to finish washing all of baby d's clothes (wishful thinking).  But I did find a Christmas gift I plan to get once the baby has come
These lovely green jeans. They are not like anything I normally wear but I can already think of 10 things I can wear with them and the idea of being able to wear normal clothes again so soon has me feeling extremely bold!
Since it is literally impossible to go to church this pregnant we both just stayed home.  Last Sunday ended with me in tears because I was so uncomfortable sitting for so long.  So I decided that until the baby comes I can no longer sit at church. My guilt lasted about 3 seconds until I talked with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law who both confirmed that going to church in the end never happens because its so painful. So we are going to take the day to watch Christmas movies, finalize everything we can before the baby comes and to spend the day wishing Jake's kidney stones would go away so that this baby can come!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful week and a great Sunday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment