Friday, March 1, 2013

Winter Wonderland (2 months late)

A week ago (Thursday) we were hit with a huge storm. I honestly thought they were kidding considering how many times the news tells me a winter storm is coming and then never does. Boy was I wrong. Good thing late Wednesday we ran to the store to pick up some stuff incase it really was a bad storm like cookies, ice cream, diet dr pepper you know the necessities.

The weather man said the storm would start at 8 am and last until 12. I have never seen so much snow dump in 4 hours. It started snowing right around 8. 20 min later the visibility was at 0. So everything was canceled/closed for Thursday and Friday. Which was nice because it meant Jake got to work from home. Thursday we ventured out at 1 to see what Kansas looked like. It was perfect. Covered in snow and no one on the road. Only problem was it was the end of Feb and not December.

For my first snow fall in Kansas it was really fun. We ended up having another storm Monday. This one was intense, the wind was blowing and the snow was so thick! It surprised me because there is no room for the snow plows to push the snow anywhere. So anywhere you go there are just huge piles of snow and tiny walk ways.

Maybe I'll learn to trust the weather man a little bit more the next time he says an ice storm is coming.













1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is insane! Good excuse to stay home and snuggle :)

    ReplyDelete