Friday, March 1, 2013

Being A Better Mom

Lately I feel like the one word to sum up how I feel is Blah. There are some things that I am waiting to see how the play out and some important decisions that are awaiting a decision.

As I talked to one of my best friends about how blah I feel she told me about a quote. The quote talks about how stress is a cover for fear. And that there is no room for fear and faith, only one is present. So I started evaluating my stress or fear of the unknown. As I started to let my fear be replaced by faith I started seeing how I could be a better mom.

There's so many questions in life, so many changes and unknowns. I can't know the answer to every question. So I have to focus on what I do know. All I know right now is I love being a SAHM. It's the hardest job I have ever done. It's messy and emotionally and physically draining. However the reward far outweighs the negatives.

And this little boy is the sweetest gift Heavenly Father has given both Jake and me. And he doesn't care that my hair is sometimes (sadly mostly) greasy, that a lot of days I am still in sweats at 2 pm, that I have no makeup on or feel like I am a little lost in this motherhood thingy. He just wants to be loved and played with. So I made sure to put on Ts favorite silly Easter egg glasses and made sure to spend all afternoon wrestling on the floor with my favorite little buddy.














No comments:

Post a Comment