Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ty's Birthday (recap)

Theres something so magical about Christmas-time and I'm so glad that we get to mix the magic of Christmas with the magic of the birth of a child.  I love the significance of having a child born right before the world celebrates the birth of our Savior.

Dear sweet Ty,
I can't believe we were lucky enough to be blessed to have you a part of our lives for eternity.  Thank you for showing us what it means to love selflessly. I cant wait to watch you grow and continue to see who you will become.  We love you!    



Celebrating Ty's birthday was more than a little bittersweet for me.  It is hard to believe that it has already been a year since Ty was born.  What a wonderful year it has been! Although I miss the fact that he is growing and not so much my little baby anymore, I love this new stage of his personality.

We celebrated with my immediate family and my grandparents.  It was small and simple and full of love, everything a birthday should be!  My mom asked a girl in our home ward to make Ty's cake.  It literally was fabulous! Everything on the cake was completely edible. It was so funny to watch Ty shove the cake in his mouth.  








In the great battle to get T to wear his Mickey Mouse ears....



I won 








How to eat a random piece of food placed in front of you 

Step 1: slowly touch food

Step 2: eat small piece of food

Step 3: shove as much of said food in face

Till you look like this ^^

Final result.... chocolate high


Then it was time for presents! Thank you to all our sweet family members who gave him a birthday gift! 






Happy Birthday T! 



No comments:

Post a Comment