Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful

I struggle with the holiday Thanksgiving.  I sometimes feel there is way too much hype for a meal of mashed potatoes and turkey.  I understand the significance behind the idea of coming together to be thankful for what we have, but I struggle to see why so much emphasis should be put on doing it one day out of the year.  Why can't every day be spent trying to show our loved ones how much we love them and expressing how grateful we are for the lives we each live.  Maybe if we did it more, it would get lost and turned into another mundane activity of life. All I know is as our family gets back into our routine (for 2 weeks) I find myself wishing I expressed my feelings more frequently.

There are a million things in my life that I am grateful for.  So many that I think I would bore anyone reading this including myself. So instead of making people want to vomit, or break their computer I'll do just the basics.  The things that I can't imagine my life without.

I am most grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior.  I truly would be lost without the knowledge of them and who I am.

I am grateful for my marriage. So many countless, wonderful things have stemmed from that decision.  To be sealed to the person I love for time and all eternity. Including the opportunity to be a mother.  It has changed me and consumed me in ways I didn't know were possible. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who quietly whispered it was time and that I was ready for this sacred and special responsibility. 

I am grateful for my parents. There have been distinct moments in my life where I have noticed how blessed I am to have them and how different my life would be without them.  They are two of the kindest/funniest people I know, and I hope to always strive to make them proud.


T kept doing this all night, I guess being on a plane cramps his style
Now onto the best time of the year! Jakes Birthday, Ty's 1st Birthday and Christmas. Let the holiday magic begin!



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the picture you posted of the three of you - so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete