Monday, September 10, 2012

Yellow

Sunday we talked it over and decided to wear yellow in support of Suicide awareness day, as well as for my sweet sister Brenna who lost 2 really good friends last year to this tragic event.  

Only Picture I could get him to smile!

I find it perfect that yellow is the color associated with this important event.  I love yellow.  Its my favorite color.  It is a color that always brings a smile to my face and instantly relaxes me. It reminds me of the sun.  Large and always constant.  Filling the sky with its rays and warming up everything it touches. Yellow...such a simple color, yet connected with a million wonderful things. 

I hope that on this day some people will be filled with peace.  Full of the warmth of love.  I desperately hope that this gets the recognition it deserves.  That maybe we as a society can figure out a way to be more like the sun.  Constant in bringing warmth to those we come into contact with.  Maybe if we could do that, be a little kinder to everyone we come into contact with there will be people who feel loved enough to not take their life.  Heaven knows this world could use people being a lot kinder to one another.        




For you Boo, yellow pants & a gold belt.



Brenna we all wore yellow, even Jake...I just dont have a picture because my mind didnt think that great at 4:30 am on our way to the airport.

Brenna, I hope you can look at these tragic events and find the strength and the means to be a moving factor in your life. As you come into contact with many different people throughout your life try and be the person who anyone can look back on with fondness, never having heard something mean come out of your mouth.  We will all be praying for you to have a little extra strength tomorrow.  Try and focus on the good times with your two friends and live your life so that if they were still here they would be proud of who you were/are.  We love you, and always feel a little helpless on days like today, wish we could do something to take your pain away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment