Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Belief

Although I normally don't write about religious matters I found that this is one that I just couldn't keep quiet.
  
Lately as a clean up at night I have found myself listening to church talks.  I have found that it is an easy way for me to bring the Spirit into our little home as well as give me inspiration for how better my life.  Tonight as I did my usual cleaning I listened to Elder Holland's CES talk titled "Israel, Israel God is calling".  Which can be found here

I found this talk so intreguing that I stopped cleaning and just listened.

I have always known this church was true.  Although there have been many times in the past I have checked my religion at the door, I can honestly say that underneath it all I have always known it is true.  I look back on those times with a twinge of sadness that I acted the way I did.  That I kept my mouth shut at times I should have opened it. It was convenient and less awkward for me to check my religion at the door.  And although I don't regret my past because it made me who I am today, I can honestly say that I am bothered that some people will look back on their time knowing me and remember me for the times or experiences where I checked my religion.  There are days I wish that those people could know how much my religion means to me and how true I know it to be.        
 
It has taken years for me to be at the place I am now.  I know with every fiber of my being that it is true.  It brings me peace and fills me up with happiness.  It brings purpose to everything I do, and is the foundation of who I am as a person. This religion makes better people out of anyone who is willing to listen and follow the counsel given. I know that some find it hard to believe, too hard actually and that's ok. 

But I believe in it. 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment