Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Inherited Traits

So lately I've been teaching my cute little 5th graders about inherited traits and genes and all that good science stuff and it has made me think of some funny things about this little baby boy that is coming soon and if he'll be more like Jake or unfortunately like me.

Things We Already Know
  • He has my nose: We were able to get a couple of 3d shots during my 22 week ultrasound and it is very clear that he has my nose. Which will probably be really cute on him, but man do I feel a little bad for him growing up I didn't like mine. 
  • He will be a BIG baby: This entire pregnancy I have been blaming Jake for out little boy measuring WAY ahead of schedule and big until last week when I was talking to my mom.  We all laugh at how Jake was honestly 10.5!!!! That's a big baby! Well then my mom was talking about how I was 8.3 (large for a girl) but oh don't forget I was 2 weeks early! Ya I realized that if I would have come when I was supposed to I would have been a lot heavier...so basically our little baby is crap out of luck. But having a big baby is ok, Jake and I only have now told people to only buy 3 months clothes as the smallest lol. Plus babies are cute with a little fat on them so no biggie. 
  • He likes his own personal space: Last week I was at my dr appointment and the nurse placed the heart monitor on my stomach to make sure that all is going well, well she could never get a good hearing because he kept kicking/hitting the monitor off my stomach. No joke it was the funniest thing ever. No matter where she moved and pushed he pushed back. After a good 10 minutes of trying to hear she just laughed and said "well it looks good since he's moving and fighting me." So later that night Jake and I discovered that if you push on my stomach he hits/kicks you to move. Jake has too much fun with this new discovery. It really is something funny because Jake and I both LOVE our own personal space.  We hate it when people stand to close in line or sit to close at place so it only makes sense that our little baby would hate mom and dad creeping in on his own space.  
  • He is destined to be a thug: he can only choose to root for the Radiers, Dodgers, and 49ers (which are not supper classy teams if I'm being honest). With the Radiers he will be part of the 10% who root for them and wear their apparel and are white. Trust me, growing up in SoCal with a dad who LOVES the Radiers I know this is a fact. Since we're talking about them, lets talk about how their fans tend to be people who have no fear in beating people up or hassling those who oppose them. But its all good because deep down everyone knows that Radier fans are totally bad a. Which is why my dad picked out and bought on his own a little Radier jersey for him.  Next to the Dodgers.  Lets just recall the fact that 2 dodger fans put a giants fan in a coma at the start of the season. I think that should pretty much sum it all up about who the dodger fans are and what kind of people they are. Like I said though theres about 10-20% of the fan population who are completely normal, law abiding citizens.  Next to the 49erns. Jake is a HUGE fan and grew up loving them so he has made sure to look for things to buy the baby that are 49er apparel. Well I know this might be hard to believe but at the opening game between the Radiers and the 49ers, two 49er fans shot and killed two Radier fans.  Yup, we are introducing our child to wonderful role models.  Its all good though because I guess it means we're just training him to be a total bad a with a majority of good citizen. Ok lets be honest he wont really be a thug.
  • He likes war movies: Jake and I absolutely LOVE a good war movie.  Like Gladiator (we were considering naming him Maximus for a time), or Saving Private Ryan, you know a great war movie with fighting and blood and a great story of heros.  So as I was planning a bunch of lessons for school I decided to turn on Last of the Mohicans (another amazing movie). As soon as the movie started he started moving like crazy. Literally you could see him moving across my stomach. I took a little minute to be so proud that my son likes a good war r movie. He is definitely my son.  
Although I know it will be a while before I realize if he is more like me or Jake, right now its fun to pick up on little things and figure out who he is more like. Its the ultimate competition between Jake and me right now...we'll see who wins 
His 49er Burpcloth

Little Raider jersey from my Dad

Aunt Kenz bought him his first little onezie and I made his blanket 

No comments:

Post a Comment