Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sweet Summer

Since we are back in Utah and school starts Monday I have resigned to the fact that summer is now over. Which is a little bittersweet considering it means I won't be seeing my family very much, and the little tan that I had gotten in California will be gone in about 2 weeks. But it also means that we are that much closer to baby getting here at Christmas so I guess I'm ok that summer is gone.

Jake and I mainly worked everyday (its so fun being an adult) but we did manage to squeeze in a trip to Disneyland with my sisters and a trip to Colorado to stay at my grandparents cabins. I have decided to include pictures and the highlights my last summer before officially growing up and being a parent.

Highlights
  • Dividing up into teams and competing on kinect sports.  Honestly watching my dad and sister gabby box was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
  • Brenna kicking my butt at Just Dance for the wii, but I did redeem myself by kicking her butt while playing Dance Central for the kinect.
  • Driving down Florida Ave and pointing out all the prostitutes to Jake. Where else can you go where this happens on your way to Target or Inn Out? 
  • Not having any Utah drivers. It was such a nice break to have drivers who actually knew how to drive, and proving to Jake that California drivers are better than Utah. 
  • While at Disneyland eating every possible junk food that I felt like. Sometimes being pregnant is wonderful, no-one looks twice at you when you're eating.  
  • Watching Kenz walk up after riding the rapids ride, she was completely soaking wet while Gabby was totally dry. Honestly it was so funny, I think she spent the rest of the day trying to dry off lol. 
  • Making baby things! I was able sew a cute fleece blanket and some burp-clothes for him. I am finishing up some car seat covers so it'll be fun once everything is all done! 
Just being around my family. It was a special time for me and a time that I will always remember and cherish.  


First time my "bump" was visible
He needed a cute little blanket to match the outfit Aunt Kenz bought
 


Colorado

We all looked like this after our ride

 


 Disneyland

Trying to capture how soaking wet Kenz was

 Mhmm cotton candy


Needless to say it was a very fun summer, looking forward to next year and seeing where we are living and what we do with our baby! 








No comments:

Post a Comment