Thursday, February 7, 2013

1st in a long list of firsts

Today Ty did a new first. He climbed up into my lap and laid his head back on me.

We always cuddle during the day watching a movie or a tv shoe but usually I'm the one who grabs him and puts him on my lap or right next to me on the couch. Today was the first where he initiated the cuddle. It made me stop in my tracks, so incredibly grateful. It was another way for him to show and express love. He has long been giving sweeping hugs after naps or bad dreams and kisses on cheeks without being asked, but now it's climbing up and sitting in laps.

I loved every minute sitting there together. Every time I experience a new first I am equally sad that my little baby is growing up and excited for all the excitement that comes with him growing up. Either way I'm just plain grateful I have him here to cuddle with. Times like these are just an affirmation that I'm doing things right. I know for sure I'm loving this mom thing and I'm loving the way this year is turning out. Things just seem to get better and better.

Plus I love a good cuddle, especially around Valentines day.





No comments:

Post a Comment