Monday, January 16, 2012

Top 10

There are a couple of things that have surprised me about being a mom.
1: it's amazing how little sleep I can function on. I used to need at least 8 hours now its a good night if I get 6 and a half.
2: breast feeding has been one of the toughest things to get used to. I had to buy all new shirts, not because they were immodest but because I need things that can easily be moved around and get covered in spit up. Although in always tired from feeding him it's the best when he does his little sighs after eating.
3: learning how to change boys was a huge adjustment. I'm still learning how to dodge out of the way when he randomly starts peeing during a diaper change.
4: I love that Ty instantly falls asleep in put on our bed. I think he enjoys the memory foam as much as I do.
5: it has taken some time but I love that I finally am understanding what his little cries or grunts mean.
6: it's amazing the sweet spirit that has filled my life and home since he has arrived in our family. I don't know how anyone could not love a little baby. It has made me look at my life and find the joy in the plan. It's nearly impossible to not feel grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who know exactly what I need in my life and patiently wait for me to ask.
7: I love that Jake helps me out with everything that he can. I love seeing him cuddle with Ty. It makes me appreciate that I married who I married. I married someone who always puts Ty and me first. It's the biggest blessing I have in my life to be married to someone who makes me happier each day.
8: I love watching my family with Ty. Family is the whole purpose of this life and my heart breaks for those babies who don't grow up with half as much love as Ty has.
9: I love how stubborn Ty is already. He loves putting his head all the way to the side. We bought a pillow to go in his carseat so that his head will not flip to the side and he screamed and screamed until we took it off and he laid his head how he wanted too.
10: I love how many new and exciting things are in store. Everyday is an adventure when you have a little baby who is discovering the world. He is by far the best thing I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment